Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 12 Leaving Lindsay and Burgos

I have grown increasingly frustrated with an app that keeps telling me an error occurred in the upload process. So today I'm trying something different.

Today Lindsay and I went our separate ways. We'd spent a day and a half together in Burgos. She will take the bus to Bilbao and then fly home to husband and work. I am continuing on, with hopes of making it all the way to Santiago. So early in the morning I bid farewell to Lindsay and to Burgos and its ornate cathedral. (I have thoughts about the cathedral, but let's get you up to date first.)
As I walked on into the country I came to a farm with lambs and sheep in a yard next to the Camino  
Shortly after I took this picture, the farmer came and started bringing all of the sheep out onto the road with the aid of a couple of dogs. I skedaddled along because it looked like it was going to be a mob scene that did not need me in the middle of it. But it was a delight to see so many lambs.

Then the path moved into the meseta. The meseta is not flat, but gently rolling. There are almost no trees. It's big sky country.


To get the full impact of this you have to imagine 360 degrees of it with only the road in front and behind. I am told we have a number of days of this, with fewer and smaller villages along the way. We'll see. Tomorrow rain is forecast which should break the monotony should that seem overwhelming. 

I began this journey 453 miles from Santiago. Today at Hornillos de la Camino, only 301 miles remain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment