Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 13. Walk to Castrojeriz

At the end of today 288 miles to go.

Because rain was thratened later in the day, I got on the road by 6 am, a little before dawn. It was almost an hour before people started passing me and it was lovely.

I was able to see a beautiful sunrise and just to spend some time alone with God and my thoughts.

It did rain some, but not before I arrived at my target town of Castrojeriz. The town is built along a hillside and far overhead are the ruins of a castle. 


One thing I did not do was to climb up and explore. But I did take the time to slowly explore a lovely church: museum on the outskirts of town. 


Here is one of the saints that I have been seeing on many local churches. I am still not quite sure what that big arrow is. It is either a plow or a shovel because it turns out that this is San Isidro, patron saint of the countryside and farm workers in general. He's decorated with some fresh grain and I think this is because his feast day was May 


No comments:

Post a Comment