Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Getting Ready to Go


Well, I'm not very good at selfies, but here I am (Becky), hiking up and down hills getting ready for the trip.  We leave on Saturday afternoon, and will fly in to Bilbao, in Northern Spain.  We'll get there Sunday morning.  We then take a bus to Pamplona, stay overnight in a real hotel, before setting out on the trail Monday morning.  
There is a lot to be done before we leave.  Most of the gear is ready, but there are things I've promised to accomplish before we go.  I imagine Lindsay has similar issues.   And I HAVE to keep walking, especially on the hills.  Too much of my training has been done on the flat.

Here's a picture of Lindsay training for the walk.  She walks up and down hills as part of her daily routine, but this is a picture of her second 3 hour training walk.




2 comments:

  1. Greetings via the blog, Becky and Lindsay! This is Grace Buchanan. I am so joyful to walk El Camino de Santiago with you in spirit. I will be blessing you both every step of the way. I went to look for the quote of Bilbo Baggins about the risky business of stepping out one's front door, but instead I found the following:“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien I like that even better!
    with love from Grace

    ReplyDelete