Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 21. My Last Day of Exile from the Trail

I sure hope that is true. Today, my ankle still hurts a little bit but I am sick and tired of sitting still. I have decided what my next move will be. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will be on the road by 6 am, hoping to get to Sahagun, some 8 miles away in time to get to a cash machine and catch the early bus to Leon.  If I'm not in time for the early bus, there is a second bus later in the day.  This will cut about 35 miles off my total trek, and will help to make up for the time I have lost. I'm told that Leon is a cuty worth exploring for a bit, so I have made a reservation for two nights at a hotel. ( This will let me safely abandon my backpack if I arrive too early, and give me an opportunity to relax midday if I find I am not fully recovered.). I'll probably need to do another bus trek at some point, possibly the next day, but I'll assess that after I do some walking. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.

I look forward to the new pilgrims I will meet this afternoon and tonight as this place fills up one more time with a new crowd of guests but I am champing at the bit to be on the track again.
This northern part of Spain is filled with windmills. You see them everywhere, slowly and beautifully turning and bringing clean power to the region. 

The laundry of my Albergue. Right now it's the linens of the place itself, but the first act of most pilgrims after getting their credentials stamped and getting their sleeping bag spread out on the bunk will be to hurry and wash and get thei laundry out on the line for maximum drying time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment