Friday, June 10, 2016

Day 26. The Last Leg

yesterday I decided that the time had come to head for the final stretch of the Camino. This traditionally starts at Sarria, about 100k from Santiago. Actually, it's more like 113 k and my whole walk today only brought me to a place that claims to be 99.5 k from the destination.

I was out on the road before 5 to be sure of catching the 5:35 am train from Astorga to Sarria.

The city was very quiet and peaceful as I left. 

Sarria has lovely mosaics in the sidewalk to mark the Camino. 



The path wound uphill through woods and past small farms. This was an amazing looking hollow tree. The woman is walking the Camino with her dog. 


A church had quite a few banks of above ground burial slots. 


He or she was not entirely sure about letting me pass but was fairly placid about it. 


1 comment: