Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 24. More of Leon

I went to three Leon museums today, and did some trivial stuff like buying myself a change purse. (There are one and two e coins that were getting stuck in the bottom of my pouch.

At the first museum there was a whole bunch of school kids going through. And a big exhibit that showed Roman artifacts. Our kids dream of finding Indian arrowheads. Can you imagine the thoughts of finding a Roman coin?  Or something like this stone?
Yes, it's a property market that says "Private". Later in the day I found myself walking along the old Roman walls of the city. You can see the back of the cathedral at the end of them. 


I also went to the Basilica of San Isidora. This was a Romanesque church that must be just before Gothic came in. Anyway in its day it was a pattern that many Spanish churches copied.


No comments:

Post a Comment