Thursday, June 2, 2016

More About Singing Nuns

I seem to have exceeded the amount that can be edited in one post from an iPhone so let me move on to a second post. The nuns also sang us a song written by a member of their order with words by the Spanish poet Leon Felipe. The words are

Nadie fue ayer,
ni va hoy,
ni ira manana
hacia Dios
por este mismo camino
que yo voy.
Para cada hombre guarda
un rayo nuevo de luz el sol...
y un camino virgen, Dios.

(I apologize for the lack of appropriate accent mark).

In English it reads;

Nobody went yesterday,
nor goes today
nor will go tomorrow
towards God
by this same way
that I am going.
For each man the sun keeps
a new ray of light...
and God, a virgin path.

(I have messed a little with the translation they handed out but I think both of us are right. The word for way or path is, of course, camino.)

Here is a video of the nuns singing this from some years back





No comments:

Post a Comment