Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 29. The First Day of Real Rain

Apologies for being so delayed in posting. For some reason, the interface with the phone is making it harder and harder to work with pictures and these posts. But I am well and will see what I can do to add things I wrote at the time.

This is the first day that I got up and had to get ready to go out in the rain. It drizzled and even did a little more than that all morning. But it was really lovely walking.
The real problem with rain is that it's a tricky balance between staying dry from the rain and being soaked by your own sweat. I have a very fancy raincoat with all kinds of vents, which I have unzipped-- I still get sweat-soaked. But it was cool, and not too slippery underfoot.

At Palas de Rei, they had a lovely route marker:

And I also liked this statue encouraging Camino walkers. 




1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are well! Lovely pictures. How is your ankle doing? How close are you to the finish? Lots of love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete