Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 22. Back on the trail

Today I was back on the trail at 5:50 am.   The great thing about that was a chance to see the sunrise.
 On the way into Sahagun I passed the marker for the geographical center of the trail. I'm pretty sure that is for the trail if you've started at St Jean Pied a Port. I had dinner last night with a guy who started from Paris.

This strange house doesn't look all that remarkable from here but the roof was visible from the trail only as a series of chimneys sticking up out of the ground. I'd love to know what it's like inside. 


At Sahagun I caught the train to Leon, which is a modern city with many things on its collective mind besides pilgrims. Here's a street sculpture. 


The hard part of the day was discovering that my ankle is far from healed. I may have purchased some arch supports that will help. We'll have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment